ME

ME

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What's with the title?


Duh!
So, you are probably wondering, why the title Duh!?
Well, it comes from a lunch I had with two of my girlfriends a few years ago.  We were all in different life stages, yet we each had similar problems with our relationships with the men in our lives.  Over drinks we figured out that if someone was there to just smack us upside the head and say  “Duh! What are you thinking?” we might be in different spots.  It was then and there that I decided to write a book called Duh! (ok, so this is a blog, and it is free and there is no publisher knocking on my door, but nonetheless I’m writing)

But, really, think about it, there are so many instances in life that someone should have said Duh! I’ll share a few- since this is MY blog and I can share what I want when I want.
Duh!
I'm on a first date with a guy.  We drive out to Virginia suburbs from Washington D.C.  We watch a football game and drink beer and have sandwiches.  He drinks so much that I have to drive us home.  Fast forward a bunch of years and I’m married to a man who drinks two bottles of wine a night.  Yes, people, someone should have said “Duh!” to me and smacked me upside the head the moment I took the keys and drove him home instead of leaving his drunk butt at the bar.
Duh!
I’m at McDonald’s with my screaming two year old son.  The only reason we are sitting down inside Micky D’s is because we had been driving in circles for 45 minutes debating between Chipotle and McDonald’s.  Sam obviously crying for a happy meal and me vying for an ice cold Corona.  So, we are in Ronald’s fabulous abode munching on our nuggets when Sam smacks his head on the booth in a fit of two year old rage.  The nice guy in the booth next to us happens to save Sam and being a fireman comes to the rescue of a frazzled mom.  Fast forward a year and a half later and I’m stuck paying the bills, and shelling out cash for the nice Fireman’s food, rent, gas.  Yes, people there IS a reason a grown man is at McDonald’s without kids on a weeknight – he’s broke.  Duh!

I am sure I have a lot more Duh! Moments and I will gladly post them as I get them.  Please feel free to add yours. I really think it will make a nice coffee table book one day.  (Next to my Photos of Online Daters edition)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments! I really want to hear what you think.