ME

ME

Friday, August 12, 2011

Meet Me

Apparenlty Plenty of Fish has a feature where a picture pops up on your phone and you can say Yes, No, or Maybe to Meeting someone.  Really, I'm not sure what the point is, because if you really want to meet someone on a dating site, wouldn't you just email them? Or IM them? Or Txt them? The whole "meet you" thing is like passing a note in class telling someone you think they are cute. Not really committing to anything, just throwing the thought out there.


Anyway, one night while I was bored I decided to check out the Meet Me feature and this is what I got:


Like any girl would, I immediatly sent it to my friends asking for help

Me:  WHAT THE HELL!?!
Friend 1’s Response:  Delete Now
Me: I’d rather be a nun…
Friend 1:  I’m saving that picture
=======
Friend 2: Go on a date with him!
Me:  I’m dying
=========
Sister: Omg!
Me:  I know, I’m dying
Sister:  I’m speechless
Me:  But it’s for real, so scary!
Sister: Not sure this site is for you
=============
Friend 3: 1) I like the dogs. 2) He's not bad. 3) The two together is not good. But perhaps he just got bad advice about what picture would make him attractive? I say go FOR IT. Bring some dog bones and you're IN
Me: obviously you have been married too long if you are suggesting I take dog bones with me on a date!!!!
Friend 3: cracking up--too true. If I WAS dating, though, I'd totally bring a gift bag. In this case of dog bones, but seriously, the gift bag is a total ice breaker. So I've heard. And in my experience, people that have a professional picture of themselves taken with their dogs?? Well, they really really like their dogs. And would appreciate the bones, is all I’m sayin’.

And with those responses I happily deleted my account. Sorry Plenty of Fish, I am a land lover and will stay that way for a bit longer…

2 comments:

  1. Although I tend to be more verbose than others, I feel you should've dated this guy. Hear me out: you have a blog so this will produce a TON of great stories. Stick w/the 'swim w/the fishes' website. P.S. This is a REAL guy! What if he ever finds your blog and sees his picture on it? Check that--you should send him the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana you are soo funny!!!! YOu should have totally went with the "dogs" it definatly would have been a great story :) LOL This site can totally be book! I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me your comments! I really want to hear what you think.