ME

ME

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

In Search of a Passion

The other day we were sitting at a bar and a song came on the juke box that I had no clue what it was.  My friend immediately busted out with the band and began singing the lyrics.  I sat there in awe.  I have never been one to pay attention to bands/lyrics.  Sure, I can recite a few good rap lyrics from the early 90’s and I probably know all of the words to MC Hammer’s songs, but besides that brief foray into music, I am pretty much useless.
My friends and I were certainly impressed and she just looked at us and said “well, music is my passion”. I looked at the table and realized everyone there had a passion and I was plain broke in the passion department.  One friend loves growing herbs and veggies and cooking, another likes any sport or race that is a challenge, other friends love photography, scrapbooking, travel.  Me – I got nothing.
I have tried to find a passion.  Some may remember my brief foray into scrapbooking. I ordered a do it yourself kit from QVC and scrapbooked my way through a bottle of chardonnay.
I then took up bedazzling. I found a bedazzler at Walmart (another blog about that later) and started bedazzling everything I could find.  I was finally cut off when I tried to bedazzle the dog’s collar. 
I tried to take up photography and actually have three old style cameras, a few photography books and enrolled in one class – can’t say I ever developed a roll of film. 
I really got into Pilates and would consider that, but once I broke up with the Pilates instructor and had to pay for Pilates classes I lost interest pretty quickly. 
I tried taking up golf, but kept getting hit on at the driving range by old men telling me how to swing my clubs so before I swung at one of them I passed on becoming a golf pro.
I had a brief stint at baking but got banned from putting anything in the oven that contained sugar (too many fire alarms were going off).
I would say my passion is shopping but really can’t say it’s a passion – more like therapy.
I could say I’m passionate about being a mom – but really I’m not.   I LOVE being a mom, but it is a job, a requirement and mission, not so much a passion.
For days I thought about what my passion is.  I asked around for ideas about what my passion could be.  Some suggested my passion is party planning, happy hours, planning events for friends, being with others, socializing.  That could be a good contender as my passion,  but hey, it is also my JOB. 
So, I guess I’m either really lucky that I’m passionate about my job, or I’m really boring and need to find yet another hobby…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments! I really want to hear what you think.