ME

ME

Friday, August 26, 2011

A little perspective

This evening my little man had a complete and total meltdown.  I haven’t seen the sight of such drama since the terrible threes (authors note: threes were 1,000 times harder than the terrible twos).  Anyway, he was melting down like a nuclear reactor.  Every little thing set him off.
“Please pick up your shoe” = complete screaming for 2 minutes
“Please take a shower” = screaming, slamming doors, jumping on beds combined with pure yelling and rage for about 5 minutes
“Please put on your pjs” = screaming, tears, mean faces and ‘you are the worst mommy ever’ for about 8 minutes
Finally, I got him cleaned, dressed and in bed.  As he was lying down and finally able to talk I asked him what was wrong.  His response; “Mom, I’ve had a really long day with a lot to do.  First grade is very busy and much harder than what you do all day.  I’m tired and don’t feel like dealing with anything right now.”   
Good point little man.  Learning new things in a new place is really hard.  I forgot about the uncomfortable feelings you get from a new classroom, new teachers, new cafeteria, new baseball team and new coaches.  He was right.  Being 6 today was a lot harder than anything I had to deal with at home or work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments! I really want to hear what you think.