ME

ME

Monday, October 24, 2011

A Little Spooning?

It was the middle of the night and I heard a familiar sound – that of a low, slow snore.  I felt a long lean body next to me and was happily smiling in my sleep. 
Then it hit me…what!?  Who the he!!!  Is in my bed?  I went from drowsily happy to full on panic in point 2 seconds.  I rolled over and saw this guy - 

Cliffy celebrating Christmas with the family.
Yep, that’s Clifford my 8 year old St. Bernard/Mastiff. 

Somehow Cliffy has managed to sneak into my bed yet again. I give the big guy credit, he’s a clever one.  He must sit patiently waiting, until just the right moment when I’m deep into dream land.  He gets his 130 pound body up onto my bed stealthily.  He has perfected the move and doesn’t wake me.  He truly is a man on a mission – that of getting into my bed.

Tonight he has really chosen well.  Some nights he chooses to curl up by my feat, but inevitably I get frustrated being so cramped he gets a swift kick and bounces off the bed.  This night he puts his head on the pillow next to mine and lays out long and lean next to me.  If it weren’t for his nasty snoring habit he would have made it through the night unnoticed.

Actually, who am I kidding?  I lazily roll over, give my man dog a big hug and let him spend the night.   Hey, snuggling with a big dog is better than sleeping alone…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments! I really want to hear what you think.