ME

ME

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Typecast?

The other day I was asked by one of our students to appear in his student film.  I must say I was pretty flattered. 
He must have seen me in some public speaking role, or maybe he overheard me give a tour or a presentation? Or just maybe he was impressed with quick wit and personality?
Like any professional actress would, I asked him what my role was going to be (Visions of Cameron Diaz in Charlie’s Angels or Reese Witherspoon in one of her romantic comedies flipped through my mind).
“Drunken Middle Aged Mom” was his response….
“Um, I’m pretty busy these days” was my only response that didn’t include tears or shock. 
I may be a mom, and I may like my wine, but I refuse to be type cast as Middle Aged!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments! I really want to hear what you think.